Sunday, May 3, 2009

wifi'd

Today, God put an end to my sinful days of feeding over the neighbor's not so generous wifi signal.
He sent us a box of a wifi router. hahahaha.
But the path to wirelessness was not so easy. In fact, it was hellish.
What ought to be a simple and fool proof task sent me over the edge of my patience since the "Quick Setup" took me hours to deal with. Not to mention bugging some agents at the PLDT customer care line only to hear from them that they can't find anything wrong with our account or the way I set up the gizmos here.
Turns out, the phone line tita handed me is bogus. Good thing I tried using the line from my room and viola!-hello world wide web. So yeah, I can indulge in generous, generous signals from now on and I can save on my penniless state by prefering to email over my phone instead of texting. [Yes, I am THAT broke.]

But before I could finally jump around with the yehey look on my face, I have to, yet again, REFORMAT mi old and rugged Toshiba laptop. He's been suffering from chronic AIDS and Cancer. Not only that, he's really physically retiring. I decided to stick with the swinging screen since I'm sure that getting it fixed would really cost some moolah.--which I have none of. The CD drive still needs some tricks for it to work which means I can get to reformat it. The reformatting discs have resurfaced [thank God!] and a few minutes after I publish this post, I shall go through hours, if not DAYS, of constantly waiting on updates and sluggish installations to take place.

Lord, grant me more patience.

No comments: