Wednesday, July 15, 2009

more than grateful

In all honesty, I am near the brink of breaking down after a month or so's stay at med school. But for now, all that crapola is temporarily thrown out of the window since I got a very, very, very, very delightful consolation yesterafternoon.

Ate Mhel, an upperclassman of mine back in high school, is currently in Tokyo right now. We got to exchange thoughts and the like thru a microblogging site called plurk. Last May, he read my post re: rant for want of Evangelion movie and merchandise. He offered me that he could snoop around the streets of Tokyo in attempts to bag one for moi.

Barely 2 months later, he asked for my address and my
heart was leaping inside of me out of sheer ecstacy. Yesterday, I got home with a broken spirit coz of this forsaken prelims. But my tita said a package arrived. My head immediately went "Ding! Ding! Ding!" 2 seconds later, my hands were diving in the box and grab ahold of these babies. Add a complete ecstatic-borderline-maniac smile and you get yourself "the look of a 5 year old on Christmas" on a 21 year old. I promised I'd send him photos once I received them but sleep deprivation took its toll on me. I was so excited to get home today for the picos. Now I just finished a photoshoot with my very lovely collectibles.--as promised to Ate Mhel.

NERV logos which are stands for Shinji and Kaworu





Shinji Ikari


Kaworu Nagisa



Asuka Langley Soryu
(My favorite pilot)




Rei Ayanami
(Hate her but she's Andi's fave)




Pilots

Others may see this as me being childish and all but heck, this is Evangelion. And it is the mecca of animes. Even Jerry Bruckheimer and Stephen Spielberg are presenting themselves to produce the movie version of this masterpiece. I just hope that the 2.0 movie would be available at Quiapo or some sidewalk dvd vendor.

Before I end this post, I just want to extend my deepest gratitude to the person who's behind all this. For if not for his moving thoughtfulness and generosity, I would've resorted to tears.

So....


No comments: