Monday, June 15, 2009

today

is the day when the rest of my life begins.

There had been several activities that the Med Student Council arranged for us freshies. Some were icebreakers, and some were pretty reflective. And suddenly I found myself among the sea of 400+ strangers and non-strangers, who all have one thing in common: the dream to hopefully become a MD someday.

Though part of me says that many of those in the same population are probably still at lost, perhaps pondering on the very reason why they plunged themselves into this living hell. Or like me, are taking this rare opportunity to give their career lives a chance to take the next step in hopes to fulfill some unexplainable internal desire.

I am unsure of what lies before me for the next 5 years. God help me that I make it through. I know I'm a no brainer-arrogant to get myself into some serious post grad course. But by His Grace, I am fueled to go on.

PS
I wish to look back on this post perhaps half a decade from now.

7 comments:

Marjorie said...

ooooooooohhhhhh. first day of school!!! i wish u all the luck in the universe in for ur next 5++ years in med school. i hope u still have time to sign in. i'd miss u dearly if u get too busy with (ugh) homework. promise u won't. hehe. say hi to roma for me. ;)

kimpoy said...

thank you marj bebe. i really really really need all the luck there is in this universe and beyond. oh dearie, what the hell did i get myself into. i need your expertise in ana and patho. and oh, biochem too! am classmates with aiai and ivette's ally btw.

^_^

Marjorie said...

hey kimmy, i have a question. I'm really not good with all this techy stuff. how do you change the pixel size of a picture?? In da, they require the avatar to be 50x50 px only. and i want to spruce up my blogger. gsto ko ung parang syo, un marami laman. hehe. ung parang sayo, may mga blogs i follow - i removed mine, now i dnt know how to replace it, blogs closest to moi, ung list of websites to follow - mga ganun. where do u find (?) gadgets (is that it?) ? sori.. dami ko tanong.. hehehe. just answer when u hav the time. mwaks!!!

Marjorie said...

oh dearie, im sure everyone there is just as anxious as u are. ul do just fine! kaw pa. saka wat are u asking me for?? kaw un magaling jan nh! haha

KC said...

WHEEEE!

Congrats to you Kim. And kudos to us for regulating our circadian rhythm..it seems to me that we aren't insomniacs anymore. :D

kimpoy said...

hey marjie baby [pathetic attempt in attempts to change yer pet name], the pixel blah, well i did that in cs3 [adobe photoshop]. when you "save" you can see the size of your image so i just decrease the image quality or something. it's kinda complicated, so email mo na lang sakin ang gusto mong avatar then i'll take care of it when i have extra time.

and with regards sa mga ka-eklatan na pampagulo sa blog ko, you go to "customize" on the upper right corner of your page or sa "layouts" then there are stuffs there that you can add.

seriously, you are the best there is when it comes to hormones and biochemical stuffs and i badly need your brain so GIVE IT TO ME BABY!

^_^

kimpoy said...

yes lola kc! student life has it's tested and proven ways of turning us back into humans. but damn, i miss more sleeping alredeh.

^_^