Saturday, September 5, 2009

For the want of

I've missed and been missing a lot of things lately.

School has been torturous that I've resorted to reconsider my future in this crap hole that I put myself into. Not that I am giving up but it's more of being rejected by your childhood dream. I knew beforehand that Medicine is cut throat to begin with, but the reality of flunkages and no more than that is sucking the hopes out of me.

I am missing college days. Andz, Allyl, Cookie and I being in our procastinator selves while Madz being the one who chants: "Guys, focus" when we tend to drift away from what needs to be accomplished. I miss Les Femmes and the togetherness of it. The fact that you wouldn't care if your underpants could be seen in the open and be unlady-like is just one of the reasons. I miss all my lesbian lovers, groupmates and fellow dormers. I miss the mess in 210, along with all the daily kulitans with my roomates.--Kaye, Pao and Bobot acting all childish in their baby voices. I miss the gossips that spread like wild fire, along with Tina's late night visits that eat up hours but would seem like it were just minutes. I miss Friday night dinners with the Yappies, even the bay's humid air that used to be annoying. I miss Malate, the blue light posts, and the reality that it would take hours for you to successfully pull a cab and hear the cab driver actually say yes to your destination. I miss Pedro Gil and its tiangge that would do as your neighborhood divisoria. I miss Rob Manila and its proximity, and the fact that we all know it as if it were the back of our hands.

I am Missing.

10 comments:

KC said...

Same here. I keep on coming back to Pedro Gil. I miss that place..

kimpoy said...

awwww. buti ka pa lola. i haven't paid a visit yet. been wanting to get my yearbook na rin. i miss tipol. i miss foodtripping in pedro gil and guerrero. hay.

KC said...

Even if I go there, I still haven't gotten my yearbook. :D

Kakamiss no? I miss the flod-less environment and the food. And Rob. Haha!

Madz said...

Kim! me have reply. =) its also on my blogger. hehe

kimpoy said...

@ lola kc:
we don't have floods here in fairview but i miss the availability and diversity of the food choices. and the filthy, congested urban setup.

oooh, madz says our yearbook sucks so i think it's good that yours are still in the making.

^_^

kimpoy said...

@ madz:

waaaaaaaah. panis ung sakin when compared to your work. but yeah, really really really touched. yours is more nostalgia inducing. and it adds up to the missing. hay.

^_^

Marjorie said...

hey kimmy! me back on web. hehe. aww, i miss the ol' days din. lalo n ako. layo ko e. i havnt been to rob for ages. mishu too! dnt get discouraged. i know ure made of stronger stuff. :)

Marjorie said...

love the new photos btw!

kimpoy said...

marj bebe! am soooooo happy to have you back on cyberland. and yay to your new found spirit! long live the artist in you. love love. ^_^

andipot said...

we all miss a part of our lives that used to be.. especially when we are faced with hardships.. all we want to do is to go back to the good times... but remember to always look ahead, to your future. look often to the side, to see your friends and family who support you. and look back sometimes, not to wish for things to go back to the way they were but to see how far you've gone. loff thee